Week 17: In 2019, about 30 percent of teams in the NFL were good, 40 percent were mediocre, and 30 percent were shitty.
32. Cincinnati Bengals (2-14) – Too many issues for the Bungals this season.
31. Washington Redskins (3-13) – They pounced on the first person to say yes to coach this miserable franchise.
30. Detroit Lions (3-12-1) – Matt the beard will be on a short leash next season.
29. New York Giants (4-12) – The G-Men run another coach out of town and look rudderless.
28. Los Angeles Chargers (5-11) – Speaking of rudderless…and basically homeless.
27. Carolina Panthers (5-11) – Will Cam wear a Panther uniform ever again?
26. Miami Dolphins (5-11) – Worst tank job ever.
25. Jacksonville Jaguars (6-10) – Doug Marone should have been fired.
24. Arizona Cardinals (5-10-1) – A five-win team exceeded any expectations I had for them, that should tell you something.
23. Cleveland Browns (6-10) – The Browns kept doing Browns things again. See history does repeat itself.
22. Indianapolis Colts (7-9) – Looks like I was wrong about Jacoby Brissett.
21. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (7-9) – Jameis Winston would look good in the XFL.
20. Oakland Raiders (7-9) – I thought that this would be the worst team in the NFL this season. Tells you what I know.
19. Denver Broncos (7-9) – Seemed to right the ship near the end.
18. Chicago Bears (8-8) – The Bears were a big disappointment and might be blowing it all up if they regress again next season.
17. Atlanta Falcons (7-9) – Dan Quinn’s players love him, played hard for him when they had nothing to play for, and that is why he still has a job.
16. New York Jets (7-9) – Better than expected. Sam Darnold’s mono probably cost them at least a 9-7 season.
15. Dallas Cowboys (8-8) – For some reason Jason Garrett is still “technically” employed.
14. Pittsburgh Steelers (8-8) – Mike Tomlin deserves the Coach of the Year award.
13. Los Angeles Rams (9-7) – This team is going to age and get expensive quick.
12. Philadelphia Eagles (9-7) – It’s no secret that I hate the Eagles but I really respect Doug Peterson.
11. Tennessee Titans (9-7) – Still not ready to buy in to what the Titans are selling.
10. Minnesota Vikings (10-6) – If they getcurb stomped in the playoffs, multiple heads will roll.
9. Buffalo Bills (10-6) – Better than expected and scrappy. Too bad scrappy doesn’t win Super Bowls.
8. Houston Texans (10-6) – Overrated and will disappoint in the playoffs…again.
7. Kansas City Chiefs (12-4) – Is this the year that Andy Reid gets over the hump? No.
6. Seattle Seahawks (11-5) – Bad clock management and a shitty call away from beating the 49ers and winning the NFC West. Look for the Seahags to make some noise in the playoffs.
5. San Francisco 49ers (13-3) –I will die on this hill insisting that Kyle Shanahan is a fraud.
4. New England Patriots (12-4) – Apparently, this is the worst 12-4 team ever. Ask anyone who has to face them in the playoffs and see if they agree.
4. Green Bay Packers (13-3) – Enough balance on both sides of the ball to win the NFC.
2. New Orleans Saints (13-3) – If the Saints are going to do it, this has to be the year.
1. Baltimore Ravens (14-2) – They key to beating the Ravens this season is shutting down Lamar Jackson. Unfortunately, no one has figured that out yet.
RobbUnfiltered is a sports podcast based out of Richmond, Va. Find me on Twitter @RobbUnfiltered. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- RobbUnfiltered Ep. 123: COVID Continues to Challenge
- RobbUnfiltered Ep. 122: The Real RobbUnfiltered
- RobbUnfiltered Ep. 121: The True G.O.A.T.
- RobbUnfiltered Ep. 120: Uphill Battle
- RobbUnfiltered Weekly NFL One-Liners: Week 3
This show is sponsored by On The Rox, Ponies & Pints, and Social 52, which are all located in Richmond, Va.
Sports. Life. Zero Fucks. #RobbUnfiltered